The Exchanged Life

The Exchanged Life
"Christ who is your life.." Colossians 3:4

-eric

Our Email Address:

Please Email Here Or you can use any of the other emails you might already have.

Saturday, October 23, 2021

 You know when we say (because I've said it & others have mentioned it) that GOD isn't a Santa Claus, and HE isn't....but I will say that HE is better and will be at times like Santa. Here me out, if Santa is loved because he gives "good gifts' and we say they are good gifts because they are what we wanted/needed or timely.

I would answer that I've seen GOD give things and they could be almost fun things not necessarily spiritual things.

As a Dad myself its not always gifts like socks and underwear (practical and necessary) we have wants and needs.  Food is needed but sometimes going out and being served, is not just food but the experience, I would say going out like that and fine dining is a want & need, both.  Ontario where I am at, they have had lockdowns and have deemed things "non-essential".  So stores may have areas roped off, that you can not buy because they say "its not essential".  What I learned is everything is essential and you can't tell another person what essential is. Telling a drunk that alcohol is not "essential" doesn't help anything and to that person at that time it may be really essential. 

JESUS changes us.  

Deeming what is essential or not, does not.

I know we live in a "i want this" world (for many of us) and the Bible talks about being content in every situation (relying on HIS Godliness in us) is great gain 1 Timothy 6:6  But I would argue that GOD still is the originator of Good Gifts, HE is the most perfect and best gift as HE gives HIMSELF.  If you were friends with a super rich man and you were legit friends, maybe you grew up together and that friend stayed true but became wealthy later.  Well having a friend like that, you would get to use and benefit with everything that friend has (his home, his pool, his circle he lives in) you would benefit.

So we have a Friend.

We have a wealthy FATHER.

A DAD that creates out of nothing.

One that fills my life with good things.

I guess what I'm trying to say is have big faith, most of the times when we ask we ask too small or thinking religiously that we don't deserve it or that doesn't sound "spiritual".

Remember that the scripture is in Luke 11: 13 "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

And Matthew 7:11 "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

When I looked up both scriptures in the Greek, the one in Luke was "give the Holy Spirit" and in Matthew it is "give good gifts".  My point is the SPIRIT of GOD is the GIFT and the GIVER of good gifts. When you get HIM or realize HE is in you from day one, expect good things, and good gifts as you get more of HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment