The Exchanged Life

The Exchanged Life
"Christ who is your life.." Colossians 3:4

-eric

Our Email Address:

Please Email Here Or you can use any of the other emails you might already have.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Gift, The Giver & A Hand Held Massager Machine

A gift opens the way for the giver
And brings him before great men
Proverbs 18:16

The other day, my youngest son brought in to my home office, one of those
hand held personal massaging units. And before I knew it, I was being treated
to a very nice back massage as I was working on my computer answering emails and writing this blog.

I also knew one more thing.

I knew that my son, wanted to play this 'certain computer game', and that to
put me in the right frame of mind (for his sake), he would give me a gift, and it would
be this back massage.

But without ever asking me, "Dad, I want to go on the computer and play this new game, can it?".

Now just so you know, we semi-control the video games being played in our home. It is treated much like a movie or TV. Its done after we get our work done, as a reward, not as anything else. And believe me, when I tell you, that my wife still thinks they play too much. Its just that, we don't allow them to just go on 'anytime' they feel.
So, as he is giving me a very relaxing massage, the LORD reminds me of this scripture that "the gift opens the way of the giver". As mentioned above.

So, I explained to him that children often think of gifts as some wrapped present under the Christmas tree, or on a birthday. But really the gift is another word for GRACE, and it is anything done or given freely (undeserved to the other).

And when its given in love (not trying to really create a direct effect) not forcing anything, it opens the way! If you are in an impossible place or predicament. Or if you feel the way is closed, but you wish it could be opened.  Struggling for some kind of break through - try love.

NOTE: there is a genuine gift and then there is a bribe which is not love and not what we are promoting here.  Catch the flow of this and you will open the doors to greater things.
Note: this isn't a 'do this and get that', 2 step program. NO a thousand times NO. When a Mother gives her child a birthday gift, she is not expecting another gift back. But she has opened the way between Mother and child some more hasn't she?
Just like our son, he does it out of love for Dad here, but it also opens the way for him too. If the way was perhaps a bit closed, well that little old massage didn't hurt any, did it?

It sure made my back feel better!

And if you ask the LORD, where to give, to help open the way (HIS WAY) for HE is the WAY, then you are asking a great thing, and it opens the way for greater miracles.

You can ask the LORD to supply you something to give.

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 2 Corinthians 9:10

-eric



No comments:

Post a Comment