The Exchanged Life

The Exchanged Life
"Christ who is your life.." Colossians 3:4

-eric

Our Email Address:

Please Email Here Or you can use any of the other emails you might already have.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Real Example Of Hearing From GOD

I mentioned earlier that, we can often pray, but we need to learn to listen.

You teach your kids to talk, but then you have to teach them to listen.

Its in that order that prayer also must be learned. First we learn to say our prayers and thats important, but also have to learn to listen in our prayers too.

We have many times we've heard GOD speak and when you act on HIS words amazing things can happen.

Yesterday, we were leaving on a family trip which would be a two hour drive and it was sunny outside. Since our move, I couldn't find my perscription sunglasses for over a month! Since I use them alot and can't use normal sunglasses it was harder driving at times.

But yesterday was a lot more than just driving around town, we are now going out of town on a 2 hour trip on the highway without my perscription sunglasses.

My wife asked me, the old, where did you look for them before and we started to re-look. Now the time I noticed they were missing I asked GOD to help me, I can give you all kinds of stories where the LORD showed us missing things -fast too!

But this time, I was more desperate (not in my plea, but my state because now I really need them!)

I went to my front closest and looked again, and saw my yellow rain/jacket (which I had looked in before). Its the type of jacket you don't wear often but is used. Now the funny thing about this yellow jacket is that when we bought them we bought 2 not one. One for me, and one for my dad the exact same size everything.

We have often worn each others jackets over the years as well.

Well this time I go to the closet and look through all the jackets again and seeing the yellow jacket I hear the LORD tell me "you have 2 yellow jackets".

Instantly I went to look in the other closest (where my Dad's stuff were) and found his yellow jacket (with my sunglassess in it!).

We were joyful, and thankful to the LORD for it was fast! And we could go on our way. Everyone praising!

Here's the thing I took out of it. I was now in a more desperate state (in other words GOD knows now I really need them) also I slowed down enough and allowed (looked for inside me) HIS voice to gently, lovingly come to me.

HIS voice was not in the wind, fire or earthquake to Elijah but in a still small voice. 1 Kings 19: 9-13

We tell our kids, GOD's voice is generally so soft, you could miss it.
The devil on the other hand yells and bosses you and brings fear and burden (not peace).

GOD gently told me "you have 2 yellow jackets".

That is all I needed!

Often only 1 word or a few sentences is all you need to then step out on faith on and GOD will do the rest.

I am convinced that David didn't know the entire story when facing Goliath but new his GOD, who had delivered before from the lion and bear would deliver again.
As David stepped out in faith the rest was history. HE didn't hear the play by play from GOD but heard a small little word or sentence that reminded him what GOD did before when protecting his sheep to the lion and bear.

See 1 Samuel 17: 31-36

Once you know what GOD has done before you step out in confidence and speak boldly.

Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment